Windows 10 Psu click (turn off ) and reboot on Getting Devices Ready.

Mein Werbebanner3
  • Willkommen bei Hardware-Inside, Gast! In unseren Forenrichtlinien findest du alle Informationen zu unserer Community. Bei Registrierung wird auch kaum noch Werbung angezeigt...

sew333

Neues Mitglied
25. 11. 2017
Hi pc:
12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73
2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1
RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming
Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5
SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE
Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

When Windows 10 was loading first time on new motherboard ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted normally to Getting Devices Ready %.
Just before moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.

Is this ok?

I dont believe so, there seems to be some kind of a problem. If this doesnt happen a third time - good enough.
If it shuts down like that again, you should reset you BIOS. I guess the Kingston DDR4 RAM-Kit was already part of your 10850K-Build?

You should update the firmware of your Aorus Elite. This generation of mainboards from Gigabyte isnt the best, might even be the reason for shutting down. Heard lots of bad things (instability and incompatibility) about the Aorus-Lineup, you will find a few things to read about that on reddit.

Gigabyte boards are checking normally at first / second boot the compatibility of the ram modules after configuration.
It seems that Gigabyte boards have problems when the ram modules are not in the QVL-List and sometimes also when you activate the XMP profile. If the problem with the ram checking will start again, try to make the settings manually.

If everything works properly now, it should be fine.
But it can't hurt to test your RAM via MemTest86 and be aware that it can happen again.

If it does, BIOS Update might be the solution. Or check if your RAM is compatible with your Aorus, like @Scarecrow1976 mentioned.

Reaktionen: Scarecrow1976
I ask because my first motherboard was faulty. Whenever i turn it on all the leds and fans turn on for a half second then turn back off again, repeat forever. I cleared CMOS battery. Unplugged GPU. Removed 1 stick memory the same.
My friend come with hes mobo Z690 and all parts working fine with hes mobo. So i went to shop and they exchanged me Aorus Elite Z690 to other example and second motherboard booted fine.

So thats why i ask. Is that psu/shutdown ( psu click ) and reboot on new motherboard just before windows 10 was loading was somehow related ,that i have second motherboard faulty,or its completetly different thing?thx

Actually pc working fine.

Just my first motherboard ( that before exchange ) dont wanna boot. It stuck with boot loop. ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF. And psu was clicking too.
But new motherboard booted fine and its ok fine?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben Unten