IIAMA refresh 144HZ -soon after power outage booted with lower value

Mein Werbebanner1
Mein Werbebanner3
  • Willkommen bei Hardware-Inside, Gast! In unseren Forenrichtlinien findest du alle Informationen zu unserer Community. Bei Registrierung wird auch kaum noch Werbung angezeigt...

sew333

Neues Mitglied
25. 11. 2017
Hello.
My pc:
*Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu

*Corsair 750 RM

*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage.

Pc was running in fire strike benchmark.
At the same time my mother was powering on electric oven in kitchen.
And then power went out in house.
Then she go to shop and buy new fuse.
Later a friend replaced fuse and power back on in house.

When power back. I booted pc first time and all was fine, refresh 144hz . But then i turn off pc . Go rest to bed. After 30 minutes i turn pc on again. And then windows 10 booted with lower refresh than 144hz. To revert 144hz i turn off monitor and turn back on.

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage.
But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10. On my second turning on pc, second boot to windows. So not immediately after power outage.

Just on my second turning ON pc after power outage, it happened. Thats all.

And i am not able to reproduce. Turning off pc few times and booting again,and nothing,still 144hz. Even i cut power 3 times to check,but still 144hz on boot. So maybe that was glitch or something but not related to that power outage?

My drivers: 388.13

Can i use english? Thank you. I am from England. Danke !!

If I understand you correctly, the problem does not persist? Everything is fine now?
If this is the case, I would not overrate it. Maybe, it was just a little hickup, which may occur from time to time, especially when power goes down unexpectedly.

Last note: Avoid cutting off power to your PC, as it may damage files on the harddrive.

cant reproduce this. And all is fine after this incident. But i want to be sure.

It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage.
But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10. On my second turning on pc, second boot to windows. So not immediately after power outage.

Finding the root cause is a difficult task when the problem doesn´t exist anymore. It is absolutely possible that the power outage was not the reason or that it was the reason, but the problem didn´t show up immediately. If everything is fine now, I would not worry about it.

You mean, that was absolutely possible that power outage was the reason. But you mean because of unexpected shutdown and system/driver or you mean some hardware failure? : )

Actually, I don´t believe that it was a hardware failure, because hardware usually doesn´t repair itself.
All the rest is pure speculation.

Reaktionen: Haddawas
Really sorry for my language. If i can i explain this more clearly.

Pc was running in fire strike benchmark with monitor ON.
At the same time my mother was powering on electric oven in kitchen.
And then power went out in house.

Just before power went out, pc was on and monitor was on. When power back ,monitor turns on itself . Then i booted pc , all was looking fine. But after moment i shutdown pc and turned off monitor. And on next boot Windows 10 booted with lower than 144hz value. ( on nvidia panel still 144hz )

To restore 144hz i just turned off monitor and turn on again. And this not happened since.
:)

I clearly understand what happened, but unfortunately, I have no idea why this problem occured and why it disappeared.
Since the problem is gone, I wouldn´t worry about it anymore.

I was thinking about this. Very often when i turn on monitor just before turning on pc. Before Windows 10 logo screen i have NO SIGNAL from monitor cause pc is booting so fast. Maybe this is the reason? <drivers-monitor> . Maybe..

Honestly, I can´t tell you, because I don´t know. I think the "no signal" thing is quite usual in these days with our fast booting PCs. I have this, but it doesn´t bother me too much, unless if I want to see some information from BIOS POST.

Wenn der Fehler nicht mehr auftreten sollte ist doch alles OK.
Ich vermute das sich die Einstellungen nach dem Stromausfall zurückgesetzt haben.
Warum so was passiert kann ich nicht genau sagen.
Aber ist mir auch schon mal passiert.

Wenn der Fehler nicht mehr auftreten sollte ist doch alles OK.
Ich vermute das sich die Einstellungen nach dem Stromausfall zurückgesetzt haben.
Warum so was passiert kann ich nicht genau sagen.
Aber ist mir auch schon mal passiert.
Danke. Thanks for reply. I use english :)

I cut power to pc few times to reproduce issue exactly like on this day. But i cant reproduce. Pc booting and restarting exactly with 144hz.

So why it happened just once? Can somebody explain me? Something related to outage or just random glitch?

Oben Unten